3 months to 12 months
There are six key components of an excellent infant care program. At St. Philip’s all six components are critical to our Program.
- The infant group size must stay small so as to foster intimacy.
- The physical environment must be safe, stimulating and comfortable.
- Each infant must be assigned to a single primary caregiver to create satisfying relationships and attachments.
- Continuity of care must be maintained to create trust, understanding and eliminate stress.
- Cultural and familial continuity must be maintained so that it is harmonious with what goes on at home, following the form and style of what is familiar to a child.
- Babies’ rhythms are individual. They sleep when they want to sleep, eat when they want to eat and play when they want to play. Our Program recognizes the need for flexibility to ensure individualized attention.
Meet the Infant Care Team: